Friday, January 1, 2010

Taking the first step

I have done good today thus far. Tim and I went to Balley's and renewed our memberships, then we had lunch at Chili's. We did very well. We both had the classic steak fajitas. Tim drank water and I had iced tea, no sugar. Tea is actually my favorite beverage, so I feel I have an advantage there. I enjoy hot tea or iced tea just plain. No sugar or anything added. Later on we will go grocery shopping. I plan on buying a dozen of eggs which I will boil. I am going to make egg salad and tuna salad and also just hard boiled eggs. I read that eating two boiled or poached eggs a day is really good for you and aids in losing weight. Since I do not have any problems with my cholesterol I will go a head with this idea. This being New Years day the gym is closing at 6p.m. I think I will start a work out plan tomorrow. Tim and I think we have it all figured out. We will pack our gym bags the night before, and then go straight to the gym from him picking me up at work in the evenings. My doctor told me this is best. He says if you go home first you will never make it to the gym. I am also going to pick up healthy snacks at the grocery store like yogurt, cheese sticks, and fresh fruit/vegetables. Eat small amounts throughout the day rather than the three meals a day thing. I hear it is healthier to eat say six small meals a day. My doctor says I should eat every two to three hours to keep my blood sugar levels where they need to be. High protein and only complex carbs.
I remember when I worked at the bank and used the gym they had there for free. I had 45 minutes for lunch, and so the first fifteen minutes I would walk on the treadmill. I got down to like 209 just by doing that and eating right. I told myself once I hit the 199 mark or lower of course I am going to award myself with a day at the spa. I have not weighed myself in a while. I plan on doing that tomorrow at the gym. I imagine I am around 250 pounds!!! I feel just awful too. I never have any energy and I am always sleepy. I do not sleep well at night and I suffer from chronic back pain amongst other issues. I am tired of being tired and in pain and discomfort. I just cannot do this any longer.

2 comments:

Tri-James said...

Slow and steady. Just try to make the right choices and be consistent.

If you stumble pick yourself back up. Don’t dwell on your failures but relish in your successes!

You can do this Grace – I have complete confidence in you!

Grayce said...

Thanks James, you have always given the best advice and been the best listener ;-)