Sunday, January 3, 2010

Not getting off to a good start...

Well, sad to say I did not make it to the gym again today. Tim and I got busy with other things. He sold a guitar on Ebay, so we had to ship that off, then we went to the laundry mat. While the laundry was in the washer we went over to one of our local thrift stores to see if anyone had turned in my check card. That was the last placed I had used it before it came up missing. Thank goodness I realized it was missing when I did and reported it lost. The thrift store did not have it. That is OK since I cut it off and no UN recognized transactions had posted to my account. After that we went back and dried our laundry, then we went by my work. I promised my boss as well as the housekeeping manager that I would donate a queen size bed set since we no longer have a queen size bed. I washed the linens and took them over, so that I would not have to try and lug them over there tomorrow morning. After that Tim and I decided to stop at the Chinese restaurant to eat. I just got vegetable fried rice, no eggs or mushrooms. I know anything fried is not a good choice, but the rice not being brown rice was bad any way. No Chinese place offers brown rice. Plus they use a peanut oil I think so it is not as bad as it could have been. I had that with hot tea. I did drink a coke today, actually more like half a coke. I had an egg salad sandwich on whole grain bread for lunch. This morning I had a low fat yogurt. I would be happy to go with fat free but that has artificial sweeteners in it and I just try to stay away from those completely. I also had a banana and some multi grain crackers and hot tea again this evening. I did pack my gym bag and put it in the car for tomorrow evening. Tim and I WILL be going tomorrow evening after he picks me up from work. I packed my lunch for tomorrow too! I have some pepper jack cheese sticks, a tuna salad sandwich on whole grain bread, a yogurt, and I will bring a banana too. Unless I get up in time to make a smoothie. I make smoothie's in the blender with frozen berries. I make to buy the ones with nothing added to them. I usually add a cup of 100% orange juice and another cup of some other kind of juice, a banana, and a squeeze of lime juice. They are really good and very sweet. Plus blueberries (especially) maintain my blood sugar levels. I usually have one cup of coffee in the mornings when I get to work. I just cannot do black coffee, however I can tolerate it with just cream in it, so I think I will try that in the morning rather than put the six packets of sugar in that I normally do. I did pack one can of coke in my lunch. I figure baby steps to start out with. Once I am out of soda though I do not plan on purchasing more. So, this is it to the long holiday weekend. I am going to finish getting everything together for the morning and call it a night. Tomorrow is a new day!

No comments: